Welcome to the Hostos Writing Center!
We now offer online tutoring for students whose schedules do not allow meeting with a tutor in person during regular sessions. We encourage you to submit your paper or draft as soon as possible to allow for a timely response.
Our Online Tutoring Policies Are As Follow:
The Writing Center will respond to your submission within three business days.
Weekend and holiday submissions will be received on the next business day.
An active account with the Writing Center is required for online tutoring.
Documents must be submitted in MS Word format.
Students may submit one paper a day, up to two papers a week.
Details about the assignment, topic constraints, due dates, and any specifics in terms of help sought must be included.
Work needs to be submitted well ahead of the due date.
Submissions longer than six pages will only receive general suggestions not detailed notes.
Writing Center Tutors will not fix drafts or proofread them. Instead, they offer assessment, directional information, and useful links to assist with the writing process.
Please Follow These Instructions For Submission:
- EMAIL (write us at email@example.com)
- Draft must be submitted from your Hostos e-mail address.
3. SUBJECT: Your last name-Course and number (i.e. Jones-ENG 110)
4. Message should INCLUDE:
– Instructor’s name
– Due date
– Number of pages
– Brief description of the assignment.
– Questions you have about the assignment.
5. ATTACH your paper and any auxiliary documents.
6. SEND it.
- RECEIVE confirmation e-mail.